Friday, September 23, 2011

Dear You, ( a family form letter)

Hi, it's me again.
You haven't been seeing much of me lately, and so I offer you my apology for that.  I'm sorry!

But why?

I've been in a fugue for the last two years.

See, I get migraine headaches.  When I was in my teens, I had them constantly; doc said that I'd grow out of them.  And I did.  But a couple years ago, they came back.

I've been withdrawn, depressed, angry, sullen, lazy, and pretty much every other negative emotion you can come up with.  I've missed opportunities both professional and personal, and I've stagnated.

But I'm back now!  I found a doc who has found a way to make me better, thank God.  I'm a whole and complete human being again, and I'm looking forward to reconnecting with you, if you'll let me.

I need you to help keep me accountable for a few things I've let slip:

  1. I will be a better father
  2. I will exhibit joy over anger, as I have so much in my life
  3. I will lose weight and get healthier
  4. I will continue to learn and to grow.
Thanks so much for still being there.

-jess

No comments:

Post a Comment